Design a Coloring Book- Winter Camp for Teens – Learning Adobe Illustrator
Winter Camp, 3 hours each day. Practice your Adobe Illustrator skills through making a coloring book in this fun winter camp. Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Dates: Winter Camp, 2020
Ages: Teens 13-17 Years Old
Duration: 5-Days , 3 hours/ day
Level: Basic to Intermediate
Time: (Based on time zone)
- 8am-11am PST
- 9am-12pm MST
- 10am-1pm CST
- 11am-2pm EST
Requirement: Laptop, computer, or iPad (with Apple Pencil) loaded with Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud. Either PC or Mac computers are fine. Classes will include breaks throughout the three hours each day.
During winter break students will learn skills in Adobe Illustrator. Over three days students will create a coloring book which features art from each student. This is a basic to intermediate level class.
Each class will start with highlighting Illustrator tools and the class will practice with games including speed drawing, Pictionary, and finish the path.
Students will then work on the pages of the class coloring book. Students will use tools in Illustrator including creating documents, managing work spaces, creating shapes and lines, using color pallets and gradients, making pathfinder shapes, creating with the pen tool, using type tools, and saving documents.
The final project will be a digital coloring book that each student will receive and be able to print at home.
Download Illustrator for Students. Laptop, computer, or iPad (with Apple Pencil) loaded with Adobe Illustrator CC required.
- Sketch pad or notebook to draw sketches and take notes.
- Computer or iPad (with Apple Pencil) loaded with subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC.
- Printer and paper to print final coloring book pages is optional to see final product. Card stock or a thick paper is nice to print final coloring pages if available and compatible with your printer.
Note – Adobe Illustrator is now available on the iPad. One Creative Cloud membership allows you to install Adobe Illustrator on both your computer and iPad. If students would like to experience designing from both the computer the iPad they are welcome to use both. If you choose to use an iPad you will also need the Apple Pencil.
Still need to sign up to Creative Cloud? Download Illustrator for Students. Computer or iPad with Adobe Illustrator CC required.
DOWNLOADS, RESOURCES & REQUIREMENTS
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Students (Students account save over 60%)
- Download illustrator https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/illustrator
- Required Mac/Windows PC or Laptop with at least the minimum requirements for
- Adobe Creative Suite. Find details here.
- Zoom Video Conference
- Stable Internet
- iPad (not necessary)
EDUCATOR / PARENT INVOLVEMENT
Parent involvement/commitment to this camp is a fair estimate of 10% of your time, and that is mostly on the front end where you will need to download software and project files. Parent involvement includes:
- Pre-Camp Set-up– Check hardware requirements, download software, project files, etc. PRIOR to the first day of camp.
- Daily Class Set-up/Close– Think of it as a virtual drop-off and pick-up, making certain your student is successfully logged in to each live class session, closes out completely at end of day, and has completed any necessary downloads required for next day activities.
- Technical Troubleshooting on your end.
ZOOM CLASSROOM SECURITY INFO & DETAILS:
- Waiting Room will be enabled.The instructor will admit students into the room promptly at the start of class.
- Students will only be permitted into the classroom if their FIRST LAST name match the name on file (per registration).
- Student Audio and Video will be OFF upon entrance to allow students to congregate and settle.
- Zoom Meeting will be locked once all students are in the classroom; this protects the class from unregistered attendees.
- The Password sent is the same for each day. Password will be changed only if security has been compromised.
ZOOM CLASSROOM PROTOCOL:
- Students will remain muted during class, unless otherwise prompted, to minimize background noise at home.
- Students video must remain ON during all class sessions, unless otherwise noted.
- Do not record our classes, student or parents are not allowed to record any of our classes per student’s privacy and security purpose.