Teenagers Learning Illustrator (Adobe Creative Cloud)
Student will take a deep dive into Adobe Illustrator, the industry standard for digital illustration and graphic design. This is an on-going class where students will learn Illustrator and gain skills as a graphic designer.
Tuesdays, 60-minute classes, November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 2020
Have fun through social online learning in this live instruction class! This class will give students an introduction to the design industry’s cornerstone illustrating program Adobe Illustrator. Student will take a deep dive into Adobe Illustrator, the leading standard for computer graphics and design. This is an on-going class where students will develop their skills as graphic artists and be able to learn at their own pace.
Students will learn what can be created in Illustrator, raster vs. vector art, creating documents, managing work spaces, creating shapes and lines, using color pallets and gradients, making pathfinder shapes, creating with the pen tool, using type tools, and saving documents. Each day of class students will work on an activity to practice Illustrator’s many tools.
This is an on-going after-school program where classes are designed to teach media design in the most effective and creative ways possible.
The fall class will kick off on Tuesdays for 4 weeks November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 2020. Classes will then continue monthly starting in January 5, 2021.
Materials: 1) Sketch pad or notebook to draw sketches and take notes. 2) Computer with subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC. 3) Optional – iPad with Apple pencil loaded with Adobe Illustrator CC.
In this virtual live class students will learn the art of visual messaging by creating a variety of digital projects that explore illustration, logos, typography, print design, social media design, product packaging, and more. Teens will learn practical and creative design for today’s world.
Download Illustrator for Students. Laptop or computer with Adobe Illustrator CC required. iPad with Apple pencil optional.
This class requires a laptop or computer loaded with Adobe Illustrator CC. Either PC or Mac computers are fine. The instructor will be teaching from a PC.
Adobe Illustrator CC is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud and monthly memberships can be purchased.
Optional – student can have an iPad and Apple Pencil, also loaded with Adobe Illustrator, to learn the functionality available on an iPad. One Creative Cloud membership allows you to install Adobe Illustrator on both your computer and iPad.
Still need to sign up to Creative Cloud? Take a look at our guide to the best Adobe Creative Cloud discounts right now, to make sure you get the best price. Read more details here : https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-laptops-for-photoshop
DOWNLOADS, RESOURCES & REQUIREMENTS
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Students (Students account save over 60%)
- Download illustrator https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/illustrator
- Required Mac/Windows PC or Laptop with at least the minimum requirements for
- Adobe Creative Suite. Find details here.
- Zoom Video Conference
- Stable Internet
- iPad (not necessary)
EDUCATOR / PARENT INVOLVEMENT
Parent involvement/commitment to this camp is a fair estimate of 10% of your time, and that is mostly on the front end where you will need to download software and project files. Parent involvement includes:
- Pre-Camp Set-up– Check hardware requirements, download software, project files, etc. PRIOR to the first day of camp.
- Daily Class Set-up/Close– Think of it as a virtual drop-off and pick-up, making certain your student is successfully logged in to each live class session, closes out completely at end of day, and has completed any necessary downloads required for next day activities.
- Technical Troubleshooting on your end.
ZOOM CLASSROOM SECURITY INFO & DETAILS:
- Waiting Room will be enabled.The instructor will admit students into the room promptly at the start of class.
- Students will only be permitted into the classroom if their FIRST LAST name match the name on file (per registration).
- Student Audio and Video will be OFF upon entrance to allow students to congregate and settle.
- Zoom Meeting will be locked once all students are in the classroom; this protects the class from unregistered attendees.
- The Password sent is the same for each day. Password will be changed only if security has been compromised.
ZOOM CLASSROOM PROTOCOL:
- Students will remain muted during class, unless otherwise prompted, to minimize background noise at home.
- Students video must remain ON during all class sessions, unless otherwise noted.
- Do not record our classes, student or parents are not allowed to record any of our classes per student’s privacy and security purpose.