Winter Camp- Make a Cereal Box using Adobe Illustrator
Take a deep-dive into Adobe Illustrator and learn about package design, logo creation, and copy writing by making your own cereal box in this fun 5-Day Winter Camp!
Dates: Winter Camps, 2020
Ages: Teens 13-17 Years Old
Level: Basic to Intermediate
Duration: 5-Days , 3 hours/ day
Time: (Based on time zone)
- 8am-11am PST
- 9am-12pm MST
- 10am-1pm CST
- 11am-2pm EST
Required: Laptop, computer, or iPad (with Apple Pencil) loaded with Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud. Either PC or Mac computers are fine. Classes will include breaks throughout the three hours each day.
This class will introduce Adobe Illustrator students will create their own mini cereal box to print and assemble at home. This class can be taken by students brand new to Illustrator, as well as those who have already started using Illustrator.
Each class the students will receive instruction on Illustrator’s most used tools including creating documents, managing work spaces, creating shapes and lines, using color pallets and gradients, making pathfinder shapes, creating with the pen tool, using type tools, and saving documents. Students will practice the tools of the day. Then they will focus on the cereal box project which includes the real-life skills of package design, logo creation, and copy writing. By the end students will complete their own cereal box that they can print and assemble at home.
Download Illustrator for Students. Laptop or computer with Adobe Illustrator CC required. iPad with Apple pencil optional.
- Sketch pad or notebook to draw sketches and take notes.
- Computer or iPad (with Apple Pencil) loaded with subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC.
- Printer and paper to print final coloring book pages is optional to see final product. Card stock or a thick paper is nice to print final coloring pages if available and compatible with your printer.
Adobe Illustrator CC is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud and monthly memberships can be purchased. Optional – Adobe Illustrator is now available on the iPad. One Creative Cloud membership allows you to install Adobe Illustrator on both your computer and iPad. If students would like to experience designing from both the computer the iPad they will need a compatible iPad, Apple Pencil, and have Adobe Illustrator for iPad loaded. The instructor will be teaching the majority of the class from a desktop computer.
Still need to sign up to Creative Cloud? Take a look at our guide to the best Adobe Creative Cloud discounts right now, to make sure you get the best price. Read more details here : https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-laptops-for-photoshop
DOWNLOADS, RESOURCES & REQUIREMENTS
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Students (Students account save over 60%)
- Download illustrator https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/illustrator
- Required Mac/Windows PC or Laptop with at least the minimum requirements for Adobe Creative Suite. Find details here.
- Zoom Video Conference
- Stable Internet
- iPad with Apple Pencil (optional)
EDUCATOR / PARENT INVOLVEMENT
Parent involvement/commitment to this camp is a fair estimate of 10% of your time, and that is mostly on the front end where you will need to download software and project files. Parent involvement includes:
- Pre-Camp Set-up– Check hardware requirements, download software, project files, etc. PRIOR to the first day of camp.
- Daily Class Set-up/Close– Think of it as a virtual drop-off and pick-up, making certain your student is successfully logged in to each live class session, closes out completely at end of day, and has completed any necessary downloads required for next day activities.
- Technical Troubleshooting on your end.
ZOOM CLASSROOM SECURITY INFO & DETAILS:
- Waiting Room will be enabled.The instructor will admit students into the room promptly at the start of class.
- Students will only be permitted into the classroom if their FIRST LAST name match the name on file (per registration).
- Student Audio and Video will be OFF upon entrance to allow students to congregate and settle.
- Zoom Meeting will be locked once all students are in the classroom; this protects the class from unregistered attendees.
- The Password sent is the same for each day. Password will be changed only if security has been compromised.
ZOOM CLASSROOM PROTOCOL:
- Students will remain muted during class, unless otherwise prompted, to minimize background noise at home.
- Students video must remain ON during all class sessions, unless otherwise noted.
- Do not record our classes, student or parents are not allowed to record any of our classes per student’s privacy and security purpose.